Who are we?
The Cape Health Tech Initiative for Cape Town and the Western Cape is borne from National Government’s vision that South Africa becomes one of the three emerging economies in the global pharmaceutical industry.
Housed within Wesgro’s Strategic Projects Unit, the Cape Health Tech initiative is tasked with facilitating and positioning the health technology sector of Cape Town and the Western Cape through:
- promoting Cape Town and the Western Cape’s as the ‘Health Tech Capital of Africa’
- assisting with the collaboration and coordination of the health tech ecosystem
- supporting the growth of health tech companies
- facilitating global access to markets for exporters and facilitating investment in health tech
- fostering health innovation in the Cape
We fulfill our mandate through hosting a series of activities which include masterclasses; webinars; networking sessions; and funding pitch opportunities.
Find out more and take a look at our program for the upcoming quarter here.
Why Cape Town and the Western Cape?
Cape Town and the Western Cape have a thriving health tech industry and burgeoning research and development landscape, four top universities, a multitude of academic hospitals, and world-class infrastructure.
Here at the tip of Africa, our industry is not only imagining the future of medical innovation, it’s being created!